Friday, July 14, 2017

Blood Dark Thirst - playtest packet "B"


My vampire RPG Blood Dark Thirst, a sort of splatter-punk gothic heartbreaker, is still in the beta phase!

Tonight I'm sending out the second round of playtest documents to those interested in giving me feedback after reading and/or running one or more demo sessions with a group of players.

If you've already contacted me, there's nothing more you have to do.  Just sit back and wait for the playtest "B" to be sent around midnight tonight.  If you haven't emailed me yet but would like to receive this document, send me an email this weekend with "BDT - B" in the subject line.

My email:  Venger.Satanis@yahoo.com

What's new?  A lot of little things.  I've been taking inspiration from the Subspecies films (I've re-watched the first three).  So, the vampires of Blood Dark Thirst have a little bit of Radu Vladislas in them.  ;)

I'm starting to think that "points" is preferable to "ranks" because the former is more neutral and innocuous, whereas the latter just seems more noticeable.  So, little things like that.

But also big things!  Setting-wise, concepts that will influence the play-style - rather than all cautious and brooding, I've got a few ideas that will speed up the action and get vampires involved.

Those looking for alternatives to playing a vampire, keep waiting for playtest packet "C" - that's where I'm introducing guidelines for playing werewolves, demons, and sorcerers.

That's it for now.  Thanks for your participation and valuable feedback!

VS

p.s.  Gerardo Tasistro found an error in the combat example.  Obviously, the 1 would take away from the single success.  The target would lose two points of Health.  Thanks, hoss!

No comments:

Post a Comment